Friday, January 19, 2007

Gratitude in My Depression

I have SUCH great friends! I've been in a slump for a while, but reading all of your supportive words is just too much for my little heart to bear! Thank you.
I think this infertility problem is something that I'm just going to have to struggle with, and you'd THINK I'd be able to control it now, but no. If I get a bit too whiny I apologize, but this blog, along with being a place interact with many of you, is also my journal, and I feel that I should share the good times, bad times, and the bumps I come across.
With this depression that has come upon me, I think today is the PERFECT time for a gratitude list.
  • I am grateful that my family is relatively healthy.
  • I am grateful for those dumb little things Cam says that just make me laugh!
  • I am grateful for a loving husband, who, even when I'm weepy, whiny, and not fun to be around, tries his hardest to make ME happy.
  • I am grateful for a messy house that provides me a place to clean and think through my thoughts that seem to overwhelm.
  • I am grateful that, even though I'm very overweight, I am healthy. It's amazing to me that I'm not lying dead somewhere from a heart attack or something else.
  • I am grateful for good friends.
  • I am grateful for fun family excursions, even if they're just small, and Cam whines the whole way, it's nice to get away, just the 3 of us!
  • I am grateful for HEAT. With the cold temps we've been having lately I've been VERY happy that our thermostat is working and that I don't have to bundle up in blankets ALL the time.
  • I'm grateful for fuzzy socks and slippers.

I'm feeling better now. I just hope that I can get over these depressing thoughts soon.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

It's amazing how much better I feel when I list the things I'm grateful for. I think it just gives a little perspective. Way to go! :)

Kim said...

I hope your depression gets better. I know how tough it can be just doing the simplest things when you're struggling through it. Darn that POS!!! I'm happy that you are feeling a little better. luvs...

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that you are feeling better! Life is just hard sometimes, and we don't always know why...it is good to have people who care to get you through the tough times!
Did you give Cam a HUGE hug and snuggle just to remind yourself of your little miracle?

Life really is good...now...you aint gonna make a baby on the internet! Go balance that checkbook!
LOVE YA!

Mel said...

Gratitude posts are the best! Thanks!

Lana said...

count your blessins, name them one by one...it always helps me. I am glad you're feeling better enough to count yours!