Thursday, August 10, 2006

What is this World Coming To?

Dear American Television Viewing Public,

YOU STINK!! What is WRONG with you!? I have been addicted to NBC’s show America’s Got Talent, and thus far, I’ve LOVED every minute of it. Until tonight I was satisfied with the acts that had gotten through to the finals...yodeling girl: AWESOME! Dancing groups: COOL! Acapella singing guys: LOVE THEM!! But tonight you sorely disappointed me!
Tonight the votes were thrown to the whiniest, boringest, same-ol’ group! ACK! After watching this couple perform the SAME act 3 times now....I was bored. Sure it’s cool how they change their clothes in a split second...Heck, I want to know how they do it too, but come ON!! The other acts at least CHANGED their routines each time they appeared, but David and Donia!? Don’t give them your votes just because Piers, the "mean" judge, stated the truth, and by doing so made Donia run off stage BAWLING her eyes out! Sympathy votes are worth NOTHING!! Why didn’t you give your precious 10 votes to someone who DESERVES to win a million dollars? Why can’t you vote for someone who not only shocks you, and makes you ask "how’d they do that!?" But vote for someone who can give you diversity!
Those voters who voted out of pity for this group...SHAME ON YOU!! I’m ashamed to be associated with your bleeding hearts!

Signed,
An Annoyed Voter


*******************************

Tonight wasn’t JUST filled with major annoyances with my show, it was also full of fun. We are having a big youth thing going on where they have all kinds of activities to entertain children. As a part of that a local performing theater had a free show for Fred Garbo’s Inflatable Theater Co. We had gone to one of these shows years ago when Cam was two, and at that age he enjoyed the show minimally. We figured that with him being older, and understanding more of what’s going on around him that he’d LOVE it. He didn't disappoint us! Seeing his reaction to what was going on was priceless!

Basically, it’s a man and woman who climb into inflatable things...blocks, wheels, furnature, clothes....and they really do a good job of keeping the kids entertained. Three boys sitting behind us were commenting the whole time about who they thought was inside of the various objects. At the end of the show they throw out the blocks for the audience to hit and play with. If they ever come your way, I highly recommend seeing them!!

I’m also pretty much signing off for the weekend. We’re off to my husband’s 10 year high school reunion. Steve was hoping to get a hotel room for Friday night, but our pay checks disappeared before we even had them. So we’re going to be camping out at my brother-in-law’s apartment. That should be an interesting situation. He’s a bachelor and is a little weird. I love him, but I’ve never been THAT close to him. I hope this weekend lives up to my husband’s expectations.


He’s now begging me to come and play video games with him...I certainly hope that I will be awake enough to babysit early in the morning!

2 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Thats my whole problem with reality shows. The people who annoy me the most always win!

I hope you have fun this weekend!

Melzie said...

Have a great weekend trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it!! :) I've never seen that show-- now I've gotta watch just to see. LOL. :)