Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Upside of Babysitting for a Certified Massage Therapist

I woke up unable to move. I was in tears because the pain was so bad. I forced myself through the pain to get out of my bed. I couldn't lift my arm above my head (makes for difficulty in washing hair!) I sat down on my couch and cried. My poor husband was no help for me either...he couldn't move because his lower back was cramping up and he was stuck too!! I did the only thing I could think of...I took some ibuprofin and tried not to cry while the little ones were being dropped off. I told L's husband that I had a MAJOR stiff neck and was in desperate need of his wife's hands. He was ALSO suffering from lower back pain and told me he'd pass the word along. So all through the day I'd suck air when I turned my neck too far or too fast, or when raising my hands or carrying heavy things....like Cam and little L!
When L came to pick up her kids I mentioned my neck problem and she jumped right in and rubbed it out for me...loosening it up as much as she dared without causing me other problems. Now I can turn my head, but it still has to be SLOWLY, but I can lift things and shake my head....a big improvement from earlier in the day. I can't wait for her to FINISH! I want my ease of movement back!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

man...what do you think caused it?
I get that sometimes when I accidentally pop my neck in just the wrong way...Chiropractor is the only one who can help me. I also get stiff if I sleep in the wrong position...of course that position changes often...so I never know when it will happen!
Enjoy your massage when it comes!

Blackeyedsue said...

Yeowch! What a pain! I hate getting old. All of these aches and pains that never happened in the first years of marriage.

I hope you feel better soon!

Mall Worker said...

Ouch! I had neck pain like that when I was in the hospital for the high blood pressure thing! It really does suck! I hope you feel better soon!

CareBearMommy said...

I've had that problem many times. I HATE getting a kinked neck. It makes it almost impossible to do day-to-day stuff (especially DRIVING). ANYhoo, I hope your neck gets feeling better soon, and that you're able to get the rest of your massage. Lucky you!

Mama D said...

That really sucks. I hope you will be feeling better soon!

Diana Mancuso said...

Nice! I need to find me a masseuse with kids...