Thursday, March 23, 2006

Pretty eMotional Stuff

I have another confession to make...I don't handle PMS very well. One of my friends refers to me as a PMSer, someone who gets PMS hard and heavy! Lately I have felt VERY emotional. Anything the kids (including my husband) do puts me on edge. It got so bad that the other night and I got so upset with Steve that I fought with him for several hours. I knew when I was arguing that it wouldn't do any good, but when I get in those emotional states it's hard to stop me. I've NEVER handled PMS well though. Any small thing will send me into an angry mood. Then in the end I will be bawling my eyes out. My sister and I determined that even though it's not official we both have that PMDD (Premenstral Dysmorphic Disorder.) I've always been grouchy when it comes to that time, but since I haven't been regular for years I haven't had to worry about it. But lately I've noticed it more and more.
Other than drugs does anyone have some helps for me? I've tried drugs and they work, but they make me groggy and gives me more of the physical symptoms. I know that my husband and son would greatly appreciate it if I got some good suggestions.
I just ran across this quote...It seemed HIGHLY appropriate!! I need to put it on a pillow or something, "The Hormone Hostage knows that there are days in the month when all a man has to do is open his mouth and he takes his very life into his own hands! This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's license in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or significant other!!"
I did have a good day today though. I went to my first enrichment activity. We learned the ins and outs of making good rolls. I've tried this recipe before, but my rolls turned out small and like little rocks, so I asked what might have gone wrong. They said it's all in the yeast. Now that I know what kind of yeast is good I'm excited to try it again! I'm so excited!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really ARE a PMSer! But I still love ya! As for advice...eat a lot of chocolate...it works for me! and...when it is really hard... I just take a drive to the local supermarket to buy myself a treat... I get a special treat...and I get away from the others for a minute! A minute alone always helps me!

Melzie said...

The story is nothing personal-- I can't email ya, it's not posted, LOL. Basics wee: little boy who mommy could smell his stinky feet-- they go around and around, and finally the tub attacks, and washes them. It was a silly, dumb story. :) As for your post-- so glad I don't deal with PMS too horribly, LOL! And good luck on teh rolls-- woudl love the recipe!

CareBearMommy said...

Like Mattsmom said, time alone is a wonderful (even if only temporary) relief from PMS. You're so busy during the day taking care of everybody else, that every now and then, you need to focus on you. You're an awesome friend... I pray that those meds you're taking will work. Good luck.

And please let me know about the rolls after you've had a chance to make 'em.

Elozia Marie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I understand the PMS thing ... my husband has been known to say "here's your (maiden name) side coming out". He learned his lesson quickly :) All the advice I have is to try really hard to pamper yourself - and take time to think about what soothes you, and do it!

Millie said...

Here, have some chocolate.

::wink::

Diana Mancuso said...

Along the same line as taking time for yourself, I would highly recommend Yoga if but to at least experience the relaxation and learn some breathing techniques. It helps to promote better circulation of the blood and increasing oxygen to the brain and other parts of the body, all the while elevating your level of concentration and inner peace. Namaste!