Monday, March 12, 2007

My Life Monday: The Me Not So Many People Know

This week's topic is REALLY hard for me, mostly because I tell my WHOLE life story on my blog. I thought, well, most people I know (in REAL life) don't know I have phonophobia, but you do....
Most people I know (irl) don't know I have a slipper obsession, but you do....
Most people I know (irl) don't know a lot, they don't know I love Rubba Undies, that I speak my own language (well, some of them do...), or that I'm just weird, but you, my dears, YOU KNOW!!
So I was thinking, early into the morning hours today, what can I share? And I came up with a FEW things!
  • I have odd sleeping habits. This may or may not be something you want to know, but it's not what you think! I HAVE to sleep with a little pillow that I can fold, fluff, or whatever. It gets REALLY nasty looking after a while, so I have SEVERAL little throw pillows that I use. I also, sometimes, fall asleep with one of my legs tossed over my husband's sleeping body. It all started when I was pregnant with Cameron. I HAD to have more room between my legs for my growing belly so I got into the habit of tossing my top leg over my husband's hip. It's worked marvelously, unless he's working graveyards, then I have to pile up my blankets and throw my leg over them! Speaking of throwing my leg over my blankets....when I get over-heated at night, I have to throw ONE leg over the blanket onto the outside of the covers...just one. On those rare nights when I'm REALLY warm, I just sleep with NO blankets, whatsoever, but those nights are very RARE!! And just for an odd fact, I MUST MUST MUST sleep with some sort of clothing on! MUST!! (Usually it's just my under clothes, but I have NEVER been able to sleep completely nude...no matter how hot I was, or how long ago it was...must wear clothes!! MUST!!) My final odd sleeping behavior...I snore. Loud and proud, honey!
  • I've come to a new point in my life. Most of you know about my struggle with infertility...how we've been trying for a second child now for 5 years, my diagnosis of PCOS, my constant depression over it....for the last week or so I've come to a NEW turn (which may or may NOT last...) I don't really care whether I have more kids or not. I've FINALLY come to that peace I've been looking for. I don't know HOW I got it, but I am at peace! Right now, in my life I just want to enjoy my time with my son (who takes up a LOT of time with his doctor's appointments, his special needs...) and mostly just enjoying quiet times with Steve. In a lot of ways, I just want to enjoy MY family, the three of us. I'm not saying that if I do get pregnant again that I won't love it, but right now, I'm at peace!! (THANK GOODNESS!!)
  • I have fairly prophetic dreams. Okay, I'm not saying EVERY dream I have comes true, but more and more, I'm finding that dreams I had, MANY MANY years ago, are coming true. When I was little I dreamed about a house. Not a monster, but a pretty big house. It had brick and green shutters. There was one corner where there was a bush and a window with NO window there. In my dream, I lived in that house. This dream was a LONG time ago...like when I was 10 or 11. LONG time ago. Anyway, that dream came true when my parents built their new house. I may have to find a camera to show you the corner I'm talking about, but when we were moving things into the house I had the WEIRDEST sense of dejá vu. Then I remembered my dream! I've also dreamed about Steve WAY before I met him, Cameron and the problems he has WAY before he was born....And lately I've been having dreams about a little girl who is just a beauty, who is the apple of everyone's eye. Maybe it's one of these prophetic dreams?? Who knows!
  • I am a MAJOR worrier. I don't know of anyone in my family who worries like me. (My sister is also a worrier, but she worries about DIFFERENT things...) My worries are really odd, but drive my sweet husband crazy! If he's ever late coming home from work, I will seriously let my mind wander and come up with the craziest scenario! In my mind I'll think, "He's dead, he's been in a huge car accident, and is dying on the side of the road." "He's finally seen what a crazy he's married and he's finally decided to leave me for someone else." "He's been kidnapped! I'll never see him again, because I can't come up with the ransom!" YES, I'm crazy!! None of these have EVER come true, but whenever he's late, and doesn't call...my mind goes insane with worry and uncontrollable fears. (Thankfully, since he's gotten used to my odd behavior he calls!! And it's gotten EVEN better since he takes the cell phone with him!!)
  • I have my own form of OCD. It's not diagnosed, but it's still there. I HAVE to count things in threes. When I get upset over something I've said that was stupid, I'll count to three over and over in my head until I feel peace. I MUST have things in place. I can't stand having my socks in my pajama drawer....they must be in the top drawer of my dresser!! My clothes MUST be folded the same way, every time. If they aren't, I'll just do it myself, again!! (This is the reason I don't let Steve fold my laundry...I'm sure it just BREAKS his heart that I have to fold my own laundry...) Yes, I have OCD, what are you going to do about it!?

Okay, a few things that no one really knew about me. I hope it satisfies, because I can't think of anything else I can share without getting to the secrets that I've only ever shared with Steve!! (And will ONLY ever share with him!)

For more My Life Monday stories visit Rachelle's blog!

10 comments:

I have a good life said...

Thanks for sharing. The dream thing is really interesting! What a fun gift. The OCD thing makes me laugh...my DH is the same way with many things and he is not diagnosed either. But...tap him on one should and he has to tap the other and go through some sort of routine to make himself "even." He is also a mega-worrier, so I can relate to that, too.

Also, I have to fold my pillow around in a very specific way under my head. The pillows usually end up kind of dismantled with all the folding! Sound familiar?

Melzie said...

*grin* The first one is very true of me-- the whole stinkin' thing down to one leg out. WAHAHAHAHA! i'll show Joe when he comes home... well, I'll send him an email & a link, LOL. :) I'm not at the peace point, and I'm not sure that I will be anytime soon. But, it's like I told Joe, we've wasted (yes, it's a waste) so much money on this... enough that we could have paid for half our house... *sigh* One day I'll be where you are! But- I am grateful for those quiet times I have, that I wouldn't with little ones.

Gina said...

I loved your RubbaUndiesLuva story! You are so great! I admire your creativity and sense of humor so much!

I relate on the sleeping stuff! I totally understand sleeping with some sort of clothing on and the one leg out on top of the blanket, etc.

I have very deep dreams sometimes... ones that should really change my way of life upside down. I love the prophecy in your dreams. I do hope your baby girl joins your family soon.

Anne/kq said...

Many of the things you wrote remind me of me. I have had prophetic dreams, too. I also have seen spirits all my life (more as a child) and have strong premonitions. I think it's as my friend says, "The veil is just thinner for some people." My great-grandmother "had the second sight" and my grandma and father are both fairly intuitive. I think it is through that line that I get my tendencies to "thin veil" experiences.

CareBearMommy said...

It's sad that I knew most of that stuff already. But, I only knew general things, not the details. So, thanks for sharing. That crazy "Getting to know you" song is now going through my head.

CareBearMommy said...

BTW... I HATE how I always have to type in at least two different word verifications before my comment will post to your blog! GRR! And I'm STILL singing "Getting to know you!" AAAAAH!

nikko said...

Funny stuff! I used to do the pillow thing -- I had this heart shaped pillow when I was little and I had to sleep with it tucked "just so" under my neck.

Rachelle said...

I am so glad you are at peace! That is such a huge thing! And I'm with you on the worrying thing. Dh says I'd worry if I had nothing to worry about.

Suzanne said...

What fun quirky things to learn about you!

I'm exactly the same way if my hubby is late from work. One night a couple of years ago, he was supposed off work at midnight. Around the time he should be coming home, I heard many sirens a few blocks over and started to panic. I waited and waited, but he didn't come home. I was ready to wake up the kids to go look for him, but he finally made it 1 1/2 hours late. He just had to work longer, but thought I'd be asleep. (Yeah right, I'm a night owl!) Anyways, he found me sobbing when he got home and felt bad (and thought I was a little nuts, I'm sure!) After that, he's always called if he's going to be more than 20 minutes late home.

Sorry this was so long, but I wanted you to know that I'm the same! :)

Millie said...

I like the 123 thing. I do the same thing to calm myself down, except instead of 123, it's Brian's name. :)