Friday, April 18, 2008

A Little Annoyed

I just got a phone call from some guy in my ward wondering if I would be able to babysit his son for him tomorrow! UGH!! (Thankfully, I didn't answer the phone...I screen my calls, and didn't know that one, so it was only a voicemail.)
First off, I babysit during the week, so the weekends are my days off. DO you want to do YOUR job on your days off?? I didn't think so...
Secondly, Hello!! I'm freakin' pregnant, about to pop soon (at least, that's how I feel....) Give me a break!!
Thirdly, whoever does this is in my ward and KEEPS giving people MY number. UH, I don't do ward babysitting unless I REALLY know the person, and only in emergencies. The last time I babysat for a ward friend it actually turned HORRIBLE on me...I ended up being used by people I considered my friends, and I just don't feel like going through that kind of crap again!!
Fourth, why not freakin' call a young woman in the ward?? That's what I'd do if I wanted a ward babysitter.....
GIVE ME A BREAK!! I am not the ward's resident babysitter.....
If anyone knows who is doing this, PLEASE let me know....I have a few words I'd like to share with them.
*********
Do I sound like a spoiled brat!? I really love other kids, I just need a break...honestly....and I absolutely LOVE the people in my ward....again, just been burned too many times!

8 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey - I remember when I was looking for a sitter when I was student teaching, somebody recommended your name, and I honestly don't remember who. I know I was looking for someone who was trustworthy, had children and was wanting to make a few extra bucks (not bank but maybe trade or small $) and that's why I called you at first - but I can totally see why you'd be frustrated! Especially if it's for a date night or something - maybe a youngwoman in the ward would work...Good Luck!

Jewelle said...

Hey, so sorry to hear about that. This is exactly why Russ and I don't go anywhere. I hate asking people in the ward, because I don't want them to feel used....but they are the only people I know. I personally don't ask young women in the ward, because I don't know them, and they don't know me. I PROMISE I don't give out your name....I didn't know you even baby-sat. I thought you just took care of a sister/brother's baby sometimes. Again sorry to hear about such a frustrating thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure word has just gotten out that you've done babysitting and so people think you still do it. I don't blame you, it would drive me nuts. I'll be sure to pass the word around that you aren't taking any new kids.

Mattsmom said...

Sorry to hear about that. Personally I don't mind taking a ward members kids for an evening...as long as I have at least a talking relationship with their parents. I don't know what I would do if someone I didn't really know called me to watch their kids on the weekend.

The Cook Clan said...

You are so funny. I'm the same way, I hate babysitting other peoples kids. You may think this is weird, but I used to love babysitting. Now that I have my own, no thanks.

Neptune's Supreme Dictator said...

One of the best things that happened to me when I started working outside my home--people quit asking me for daycare and babysitting service! Of course I look forward to being home full-time again but I always felt frustrated when some ward members thought stay-at-home mom meant cheap available babysitter.

Melzie said...

put it in the ward bulletin.

"I quit, so stop calling."

:)

Dawnyel said...

OH, MELZIE!! I totally laughed at that one!!