Monday, July 20, 2009

Computer Friends

So I've mentioned before that I have friends that live IN my computer. But this last weekend they came out of it for a GWO (Girls Weekend Out).
This GWO was in Provo, so it wasn't too far for me to travel to, so I came out of my computer too. ;)
It was filled with lots of laughs (LOTS of laughs), late nights, frustrations (when you get 50 women together there are BOUND to be SOME issues), but lots and lots of fun.
The first night we were laughing SO hard (and some of us were getting goosed). We started a lot of weird inside-jokes. I was SO glad to get Jake down for bed that night (he came with me because he's still nursing...) I stayed awake until 2 am.
The next day was filled with hanging out at the host-house laughing, telling stories, and just having fun. That night I DID have a bit of an encounter (not going to go into details, because I've gotten over it, thanks to those same online friends...) and stayed up talking until 4:30 am. That night Jake also was having problems. He did NOT want to sleep, and cried and cried as much as he could. I was frustrated and on my final straw. SERIOUSLY, it was NOT fun. He ended up sleeping in my bed with me (which I usually don't do, but the kid was teething and getting his eye teeth) and I popped a button off of my nightgown because I had some good pressure with my boob. (LOL)
The last day was busy, but lots of fun.
Lessons I learned this time that I will apply at the NEXT GWO:
  • DO NOT take a baby to a function that is meant to be relaxing. You won't be very relaxed.
  • Take more pictures. You will find yourself on the last day taking random pictures and not getting pictures of everyone you wanted.
  • Don't take things too seriously. Everyone is just as stressed as you are and you KNOW that you still love them in spite of their frustrations.

All in all, a fun time. LOVE my online friends (MOFs) and I'm SO glad I got to see them!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! You were only a couple of hours away from me :) I've learned that I need to take more pictures too, even of the mundane. When I have kids I want to be able to show them pics of the Justy and my mom's house so I can say "This was my first car and this is where I grew up."

mattsmom said...

I am with you sista.

I need to take more pics of stuff I do too.

Bahahaha. You popped a button? That rubs me as funny.