Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not Coasting Anymore...

I just finished with scouts, and boy are my arms tired...okay....CHEAP joke!! Actually, my hair follicles are sore...just from making static electricity for their balloon game! (Good thing I don't worry about what I look like, huh!?) Today's scouts went MUCH better than last week. We've learned to close off the primary room (keeping the boys away from the piano and chalk boards...) They did get a little rowdy, but that's to be expected, right!?
This was my last week of just "coasting" along though. Next month is MY month for den meetings. I'm so nervous!! Next month's topic is Cub Café, which to me means cooking. But we have a pretty BIG problem...we meet for den meeting in the church, and there are signs ALL over the kitchen that say, "The kitchen is NOT for cooking and preparing food. It's for reheating food. Please do not cook in here." SO....I have a bit of a problem! There was ONE suggestion in the handbook for no-cook fudge. I'll probably do that, but I'm seriously considering making the boys come up with some rules. They're so disrespectful, and rude sometimes it's just annoying! So I'm thinking, make a code-of-conduct, discussing expectations that sort of thing, then doing a relay race with a tray and a ball (pretending to be a waiter...) and making either a cookie mix, or the no-bake fudge stuff. Then giving the boys some of the finished treat to take home. I don't really know exactly what I'm going to do, but here's a rough draft!

And just for fun today, here's some pictures from my last "professional" photo shoot! Enjoy! (And try not to be jealous of my BEAUTIFUL eyes!)

1 comment:

CareBearMommy said...

Those eyes totally remind me of Miss Piggy's eyes! HAHA! Now, you need to get some Kermit eyes and slap them on Steve, and you'll be set!