Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Plums!


There is this lady in my parents ward who had announced in Relief Society that her golden plum tree was so full of fruit that it was breaking the branches and dying. She asked that anyone who wanted them to come and help save her tree. So yesterday my parents went...and I tagged along.
When we got to the tree the branches were nearly to the ground...it was DEFINITELY ready to be picked! So we started in on the job. It was really kinda fun! (I mean, I don't have to do it ALL of the time, so it's okay...) We ended up with 2 full boxes and three Walmart bags FULL of plums...and we didn't even scratch the surface! I noticed as I was picking the fruit off of one of the branches that it got higher and higher until I could BARELY reach it, when before it had been smacking me in the face!
ANYWAY, I took a box of them home, but now I have a new problem...What am I to do with all of these blasted plums?? Sure, I love munching on them for a snack, but I can't eat a FULL box by myself...Steve and Cam both say they don't like them...
If you have any helpful suggestions, recipes or help for me...please help me! They're ripe now, but soon they'll be a mushy mess on my kitchen table! :)

8 comments:

Kim said...

Plums...try emailing Candace. Her mom had some great recipes for plums, at least I think she does. She kept shipping stuff up to Candace when we were roomies. Anywho, just a thought.

Mall Worker said...

Sounds like a yummy problem. I have no delicious solution though!

ellen said...

Put a few plums in a bag, tie it with a ribbon, and share them with your friends and neighbors!

CareBearMommy said...

I'd ask you to send some my way, but all I'd be receiving is a mushy mess! Those sound good, and I'd eat a bunch, too! Too bad I don't live closer to snatch some from ya!

BTW... we were very grateful recipients of all that meat you gave us from your grandpa's defrosted freezer a few years back. It was good! Free food rocks!

Anonymous said...

Here's a "looks yummy" golden plum pie recipe...never tried it but it got 5 stars by the people who have.

http://www.recipezaar.com/74779

Mojo Jojo said...

Wow and Yummy!

I think there will be all kinds of plums in any form or fashion at your house. Can some, make a plum cake, share some with friends.

Mojo Jojo said...

PS: Try my favorite site, being Kraftfoods.com, especially

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=search&m=search/knet_search_main&u1=search&u2=plum

Which gives you tons of plum recipes.

Mama D said...

I have no recipes but I suggest jam. Mmmm.

Good luck.