Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
And after having that really fun post last week, I've decided to make every Friday free-for-all question day! It was SO much fun! SO start thinking now!!
Monday, February 26, 2007
When we go out to restaurants I encourage Steve to get the foods he loves, so I don't have to cook them. It works out pretty well, he gets what he wants, and I don't have to deal with them!
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
Here's a question for you.... would you PLEASE wander through your very strange childhood memory of being locked in the outhouse while on a camping trip? I need a good laugh.
Carrie: Maybe one day I'll have unrepressed those memories. I try REALLY hard NOT to remember those 2 LONG hours. Maybe tomorrow's post!
(AND since today is yesterday's tomorrow...)
Many moons ago I went camping with my family and some family friends. There was one boy in the other family, Joe, that I always felt humiliated by. He was like MY older brother: teasing constantly, knowing just how to push my buttons...you get the idea. Anyway, Joe was wandering around camp one time, and he was just being his normal self, not doing anything out of the ordinary, but I was worried he'd spot me and begin to tease me. So I hurried into the outhouse. It was in the middle of the campground, and kind of far from where we had camped. I went in, and peeked through the windows (which were WAY high above the hole) to make sure he was gone. After he had left, and I had used the facilities, I tried to leave the smelly outhouse. The door was STUCK!! I pushed, I pulled and eventually, I laid down on the floor to sniff the fresh air coming through the crack under the door. I stayed in that stinkin' outhouse for TWO hours!! TWO HOURS!! I had tried screaming, crying and tried opening the door on my own, but nothing worked.
Finally, I noticed my dad walking around and I screamed for him to help me. He came over and opened the door for me! He asked me what happened and I told him. He began laughing, and said, "Well, sh**!" Then he laughed even harder!!
To this day I hurry in and out of outhouses as fast as I can! And I check the doors ALWAYS before I close them!!
Oooh, a question. Hmmm, who is your hero and why?
Rachelle: My hero is my mom. (Yeah, cliche, I know...) She's shown me the kind of woman I someday hope to become. She's just amazing to me in her strength, love, and testimony...I want to be just like her! (And because I can, here's a recent picture of my mom on her cruise with my Gramma Sue and her sister Pat! Aren't they too cute!?)
Thoroughly Mormon Millie said...
Ooooh, I love the pretty yellow. My question is: What's your favorite recipe?
Millie: I HATE cooking...almost with a passion!! BUT...I do have a scrumptious yummy recipe that I have to make...Can't Leave 'Em Alone Bars. The best thing about this recipe is, that it's EASY!! It's a white cake mix, 1/3 cup oil, and 2 eggs. Mixed until combined...squish 3/4 of mix into greased 13x9 inch pan. Set remainder for later. Melt together 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 1/2 cube butter. Pour melty concoction over crust, then crumble remainder over chocolate. Bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes...cut and cool before eating. YUMMO!! (And so addicting!)
Ok...What is your favorite decoration in your home and why?
Kristine: My favorite home decoration is my new Willow Tree thingy my husband bought me for V-day...very cute! :)
One Scrappy Gal said...
Do you ever get that...not so fresh feeling?
Scrappy #1: Yes...often! *EW!*
Are potato flakes actual dried potato or potatoey tasting chemicals?
Jen: Being a native Idahoan (yes, that's what we're REALLY called!) I know that potato flakes, while not NEARLY as yummy as REAL potatoes, are actually dried potatoes! Now you know! ;) (And I do really know, because my aunt works currently for a flaking factory, and dh USED to work for a flaking place! Just driving past those places makes your nose curl...they really REEK!)
One Scrappy Gal said...
Are flintstone chewable vitamins OK for adults to eat?
Scrappy #2: From what the package says, yes, but do you really want to announce, "HEY, I'm going to take my Flintstone's right now!!" ?? *snickering*
More fun if you answered everything, LOL! ;) j/k.
Are you considering adoption? Do you have a time limit to try for baby #2, or will you just say #1 is enough if #2 doesn't come naturally?
Froggy: We have been considering adoption on and off for a few years now. We actually ALMOST adopted in 2005, but the birth parents decided to give the baby to someone that neither one of them knew (birth dad was my cousin.) So while we were *THINKING* about adopting, we got pregnant! Yeah, but then I miscarried, and the baby that we had felt sure was ours (thru much prayer and many positive confirmations...) ended up being born at 26 weeks and lived for a few hours and then died.
I haven't really set a time limit for trying for #2. I've just always thought, hoped, prayed that baby #2 will come to us before I turn 30, but seeing how I've had SUCH a hard time...I've decided that I will NEVER (and I do mean NEVER) stop trying. As long as I have my own uterus and ovaries, I'll not ever prevent a pregnancy...as long as I can. So if #2 decides not to come to us naturally, then I guess adoption is our only other route.
I've tried for as long as we've been trying to have another baby to convince myself that one child is enough, but my heart, spirit, and my WHOLE soul knows that I cannot be satisfied with one child.
There's so much more I want to say, but I think that I'll just make it TOO long...so I hope that answers that question! :)
You know that one thing that you're always wondering, "If I'd done this, would my life have been any different?" Three part question: What is it? If you could go back and change it, would you? Why or why not? (Feel free not to answer that, I know it's REALLY personal.) Anne: There's SO many different things. The one that comes to my mind is if I had never switched from Ricks College to ISU. I went to Ricks for ONE semester, and I hated it!! Many of my friends were going to school there and seemed to love it, but I just did not. It could be that I was constantly commuting, that I just didn't feel like GOING to school, or some other reason, but I was NOT happy there. So after that semester I started my paperwork for going to ISU. And I had decided to LIVE there, not just go to school there. So I packed up and moved to Pocatello. While living there I ended up meeting Steve. I KNOW, beyond anything that if I hadn't LIVED in the dorms, when I did I would NOT have met him. So if I could go back and change that decision, would I? Nope. It was hard and put me severely in debt, but I would not have met Steve. I probably would have gone on a mission, and if ALL of this had happened, I would not have my son. There's SO many things that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't done that one thing.
One Scrappy Gal said...
I was the same Scrappy for both questions. I was just bored. :) Another question... if you were stranded on some remote island...what would be the ONE item you would want to take with you? Last question - are you keyser soze?
Scrappy #3: LOL!! I know...but when I was answering the questions in the comments portion...I had to do something to keep your questions separate!! :D Now to answer your question: If I were stranded on a remote island?? Uh...a plane! *GIGGLING* Okay, for real? Probably a pocket knife...one of those with all the cool gadgets that poke out of it...And for your FINAL question...keyser soze?? Uh, sure! :D
If anyone still wants to ask me questions, feel free (Ask on the previous post, and I'll transfer it to this post...OCD!)...I'll keep this "Free Question" thing going through this weekend, then I may not feel like answering any more! :P
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Monday, February 19, 2007
Sunday, February 18, 2007
We paid off our furniture purchase from last year (before the interest was tacked onto the total.) And we feel happy, and content....for now!
And I just thought (while I was downloading pictures) I'd show you what my loving husband got me for Valentine's Day. I got him "smutty" things, and he got me a WillowTree statue of a couple in a loving embrace! (He also got me chocolates and a book, but you know...)
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Monday, February 12, 2007
- I can't wait to get off the computer (uh...wha!?) and watch my recorded version of Heroes. It seems like every so often I become completely obsessed with a television show...this year's winner is Heroes. I can't get enough of it. I HAVE to watch each episode at least twice before watching the next one. I like watching and seeing if I can figure out the mysteries in the show. Here's a little proof at how *woo hoo* I've been over this show: Last night I was watching last week's episode, since the new one was going to be on tonight, and I had a whole 5 minutes where I froze the screen...trying to figure out Claire's dad's first name! Obsessed?? I think so!!
- I can't wait for Valentines' Day! I did my shopping today. Usually we get our tax refund around this holiday, so we go all out...it's really fun! I bought Steve a CD that he REALLY wanted, but told him that it was unavailable. He freaked out and went directly to ebay to buy it! PUNK! I can't even have ONE surprise with him!! *pout*
- I went shopping for the REST of his Valentines' Day presents at a special store. I would put on here exactly what I got him, but it's a little racy....let's just say, that night ought to be very FUN! ;)
- I need to finish filling out all of my scouting information. I have a form that I need to get all filled out before next week. I just don't wanna do it!!
- I'm still giggling at my sweet hubby. After I changed everything on my blog, he was reading the bottom...where the comments are and saw "utha luvas." He looked at me and said, "What's a 'ooothah loooovah?'" Thanks to him, I've changed it to "otha luvas."
- I finally checked my myspace account last night for the first time...probably since last year, and found 2 friend requests...one from my cousin, and the other from my younger brother. Why am I scared to say he's okay to be my friend?? Maybe because his page is exceptionally FREAKY!?
- My little town is not as safe as I had hoped. Last night there was a shooting at one of our Walmarts. How could this happen?? The really scary thing, the shooter is STILL on the loose!! I guess it's another reason to NOT shop at Walmart...especially on Sundays!
- I'm in heaven!! Nick at Nite is showing reruns of one of my all time favorite sitcoms....Growing Pains. Mike STILL makes me swoon....Ben does too, but didn't he recently come out of the closet? *sigh*
- Why is my chin super hot?? Nothing else feels this warm...Weird...
- WHY can't Blogger offer more choices of fonts?? I LOVE the new look to my blog, except for my title. I chose what I thought looked best from what they offered, but I would love, love, LOVE a pretty flowy script. Yeah, I'm weird, but I just like changing things up every so often!
- Do you pronounce the word "often" as off-en or oft-en? Hmmm.....
Friday, February 09, 2007
Thursday, February 08, 2007
It's my blogoversary, but I don't quite know what to do about it...should I repost my first entry? Should I review what's happened to me over the past year? I guess all I'm going to do is just mention it. I just reviewed the year, and anyone can access my first post in my sidebar. I will give you some stats about me though:
- In 365 days I've posted on my blog 288 times. (This is the 288th!)
- I hit one hundred posts on June 14th. (That was just 126 days after starting blogging!)
- The most comments I've had on any post is 14. (Yes, very small compared with others, but HUGE for me!)
- My favorite format for posting is centered and in Trebuchet font. Yes, I have to change it every time I post, but I just love the way it looks.
- I've changed the template for my blog only twice. But I'm contemplating a new look soon!
- The topic I wrote about the most this past year was my babysitting drama. Thankfully it's over, but for a whole 8 months it was my life.
- The second most common topic for me was anything Cameron. Yes, I am his mama, but gosh...he's ALL I talk about!
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Monday, February 05, 2007
Okay, there you have it, things that just bother me! If you read Rachelle's list, you will find that I completely agree with her...so there's some MORE! I try not to get easily annoyed, but there are JUST somethings....
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Friday, February 02, 2007
We signed Cameron up with the Learning Center. He went there this last summer, but we stopped sending him once school started back up. We really didn't want to overwhelm the kid, but it seems he's really needed to go. All week he's been excited about it, asking when he can go. I told him yesterday that instead of mama picking him up from school a van would come and take him to the Learning Center. He was so excited! I just hope he's not rotten for them. Lately, he's been extremely cranky in the afternoons. (Nothing like needing a nap!) So now on Fridays all I have to do with him is drop him off at school and I'm all on my own until nearly 3:00 in the afternoon. Whatever will I do with myself!?