Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Monday, January 29, 2007
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Friday, January 26, 2007
Thursday, January 25, 2007
I kinda giggled and said, "Again?" exaggerating, making a funny face at the boy.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Last week when I vented about Cam, the destructo boy, she wrote me an email that basically told me that while she felt bad, she was still busting a gut over his antics. Yeah, if I hadn't lived through all of it, I would be laughing too. So she told me that tonight's email was the "nice" sister message. I read what she wrote and bawled. Yeah, I've got the tear-stains on my glasses to prove it! She reminded me of all of the things I have to be grateful for, and what I've been promised. I just LOVE her so much!! She's so good to me, even after I was so mean to her!
Friday, January 19, 2007
- I am grateful that my family is relatively healthy.
- I am grateful for those dumb little things Cam says that just make me laugh!
- I am grateful for a loving husband, who, even when I'm weepy, whiny, and not fun to be around, tries his hardest to make ME happy.
- I am grateful for a messy house that provides me a place to clean and think through my thoughts that seem to overwhelm.
- I am grateful that, even though I'm very overweight, I am healthy. It's amazing to me that I'm not lying dead somewhere from a heart attack or something else.
- I am grateful for good friends.
- I am grateful for fun family excursions, even if they're just small, and Cam whines the whole way, it's nice to get away, just the 3 of us!
- I am grateful for HEAT. With the cold temps we've been having lately I've been VERY happy that our thermostat is working and that I don't have to bundle up in blankets ALL the time.
- I'm grateful for fuzzy socks and slippers.
I'm feeling better now. I just hope that I can get over these depressing thoughts soon.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Monday, January 15, 2007
Here's just a few of the things that I've nearly throttled the boy for in the past few days:
- Coloring on the wall. Yes, the marker is STILL there. I just bought new Mr. Clean Erasers though, so they should be gone soon.
- Pulling his hair out of his head. He's been yanking big chunks of hair out of his head. I just want to show him a magic mirror of his future self: bald! He has a bald spot on his head in the same place he had one when he chopped his hair off.
- Messing with our computer. I was watching baby J the other day when Cam came SCREAMING down the stairs. He started saying, "Not my fault...not my fault..." over and over. I hurried upstairs, fearing he'd pulled the TV over, or something REALLY bad, but he'd just turned on my speakers for my computer: FULL BLAST! The noise scared him pretty bad, but not enough to stop messing with the computer. He's mixed up our desktop and moved all sorts of stuff around.
- Microwaving tubes of Gogurt. YES! It exploded! I was going downstairs yesterday, Cam caught me at the top of the stairs, wrapped his arms around my legs, and asked me where I was going. This was my FIRST hint that something was wrong. I told him, "Downstairs, why?" He looked at me and said, "Don't look in the microwave."
- Breaking my universal remote for the downstairs television, and DVD/VCR. I LOVE this remote (okay, so I should LOVE my son too) and when I woke up this morning, Cam hands me the remote, broken open. I snapped it back together, but it STILL didn't work. I drove all over town today trying to find a replacement remote, but settled with another kind. Came home, and decided to check the batteries on the other remote. Ah, just dead batteries, but STILL! I asked Cam what happened to the remote, and he told me he threw it on the ground because, "it was throwing a fit." SURE! It was the REMOTE throwing the fit....
He's been on a rampage, and I've been torn over what to do with the kid. On one hand, he's been very HONEST when we ask him what he's done, on the other, he's destroying things! I guess this all goes back to that curse my mother put on me when I was younger! *sigh*
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
(Just in case you were wondering why I've not rung the little monkey's neck....Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work MIRACLES! OH! And he's been grounded from ANY fun toys for a LONG time!)
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Monday, January 08, 2007
- Our family, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings....filled up over half of the chapel. We were that ward's fillers. I've never been in a ward so small since I was in college! WHOA!
- Saw a few familiar faces: my former visiting teaching partner, who was on the cover of a local magazine a few months ago, the son from family in our current ward, and one of my former Sunday school teachers. (Funny story about this particular teacher too...I'll share later!)
- One of my good friends from high school, and a little afterward, was now in this ward. I haven't really seen or done something with her since before she got married. We stayed after talking for about 45 minutes. Found out that her husband is in Mexico trying to start up his business, and that she's working two jobs to keep things going. We made promises to keep in touch, exchanged phone numbers, emails, addresses....
We had a good time. The baby was adorable...and looked like she was worried when her dad held her up for the congregation to see. My cousin bore her testimony, and we all cried, and then we listened to some stories that people are spreading that AREN'T true. But it was a good day.
Okay, now, as promised, the funny story from my Sunday school teacher. This teacher invited our whole class to her house to watch the Super Bowl (recorded version, of course) and we'd snack, watch the game, and have a good time. Well, I got a little too crazy! We started a small food fight, but I made it HORRIBLE! (I'm STILL embarrassed about this!) I took a 2 liter bottle of grape soda, bright purple, and shook it up...causing it to spray all over the living room carpet. That stopped the party instantly. We all cleaned and I was just horrified for the rest of the year. Seeing her now causes me to hope...to the bottom of my heart...that she doesn't recognize me. And I haven't talked to her since then!
Saturday, January 06, 2007
- New church time! We move from the 9 am block to 1 pm. I wish we could go to 11 am, but our building is so small that they have to stick the small single's branch in between the two HUGE wards...just to have enough classrooms and parking.
- Steve got a new calling last week. He's been the first councilor in the Sunday school for about a year now. His calling consisted of ringing the bell to let the classes know when they had five minutes left, and then again when it was time to dismiss. He's sad to leave that calling, but has the fire again for his new one: Priesthood chorister. He's so musically talented and is rearing to turn the men in our ward into a beautiful choir!
- We start the new theme for the year in Primary. This year's theme is "I'll Follow Him in Faith." The first song is one that I taught to the last ward I was in, and we learned a few years ago in THIS ward. It's so pretty. Last week we just reviewed the melody...singing "loo loo" or "humming" the melody over and over. It worked pretty well. Tomorrow we're going to show the pictures that came in the Primary Partner's Singing Time book. I LOVE this book! It has the pictures for every song the kids are supposed to learn this year. SUCH a HUGE help! (I'm artistically challenged!) We used props the last times I taught this song, and I may use them again, but we'll see how the kids respond to the pictures first.
- Cam is moving up in Primary. He's going to be in the CTR 7 class. I told him tonight that he'll get a new teacher tomorrow. He began dancing around the kitchen chanting that he's getting bigger. (I began giggling!) He's excited, and that's all that matters!
- My cousin is having her baby blessed. At first she was going to have a luncheon afterward, but they couldn't afford it, so they cancelled it. I had already told the Primary people I wasn't going to be to church on Sunday, found a substitute, and was prepared to hang out with my fam. Now we don't have that excuse, so I think I'll be going to my own ward TOO. Cam was asking me, "Why we go to 2 churches?" All I could tell him was that we were going to see Baby Alexis blessed. He looked at me like I had 3 eyes. Once I told him who baby Alexis was he was okay, but I'm not so sure I want to be me tomorrow during the second sacrament meeting.
All these changes, and the BEST is that we can NOW sleep in! I'm so excited! YAY! More sleep time for me!
Friday, January 05, 2007
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Monday, January 01, 2007
There, I've said it...now you can say what you want, but I'm not changing my mind. (My stubborn-side showing through!)